Chapter 2, Maximize...

Notifications
Clear all

Chapter 2, Maximize your Impact is ready for review!  

RSS
(@peterstev)
Member Admin

Maria and I just finished two weeks of "Pair Writing" -- the two of us on zoom and google docs writing the book together! Sometimes we were working on different parts of the same chapter, sometimes on the same paragraph and sometimes even on the same sentence! It's hard to believe she was in Florida and I was in Switzerland. It's an amazing way to write!

We are pleased to make the latest edition of our book on Personal Agility available to you for review, comment, discussion and suggestions! Chapter 1 "Hope for the Overworked" is completely revised and Chapter 2 "Maximize your impact" is brand new. You can download it below in your choice of word or pdf formats. Happy reading and we look forward to some great discussions!

We are really excited and look forward to your comments & suggestions!

Peter & Maria

This topic was modified 2 years ago by Peter Stevens
Posted : 21/11/2018 11:18 am
Topic Tags
(@fabio-armani)

Thanks a lot
fA

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/11/2018 11:55 am
(@elena)
New Member PAS 170503 Working Group

Ciao Peter!! Grazie😊😊😊

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/11/2018 12:10 pm
(@peterstev)
Member Admin

Grazie, @elena, Grazie @Fabio Armani! I look forward to hearing your thoughts about the latest chapter!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/11/2018 12:12 pm
(@robek36)

The opening (Chapter 1 parts I & II) is impactful to me as I can personally relate to it. In fact, it explains why it has taken me too long to replay to this email. I wonder if a casual reader, someone not already committed to agility or changing their behaviors to change their outcomes, will grasp it as much as I did. Section III seems more direct to me. No complaint, just some observations.

Section V - there is an extra space in the third sentence between ‘You’ and ‘get’.

Just a thought: In the paragraph of section V with the bullets you say “give it a go” I endorse the idea. Do you think of the audience for this book as new to Agile or as Students/Practitioners of Agile? If they are the latter, could they be more comfortable with the work experiment instead of “give it a go”?

Chapter 2
I like the title of chapter 2. The expiation is appropriate.

In section V bullet 1, my editor makes the first three words after ‘What really matters?” as a grammar error.
Robert Kirkman
rekirkman@gmail.com

control the sail, not the wind

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/12/2018 9:45 pm
(@peterstev)
Member Admin

Dear Robert (@robek36)

Thank you so much for your suggestions and insights! I'll go through the orginal and fix the typos you identified.

How does the opening explain why it took long for you reply to this email?

Best,

Peter

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24/12/2018 10:22 am
Share: