My Personal Agility journey  

RSS

Satyajit Nath
15/10/2020 11:47 am  

A typical calendar for me (redacted picture attached)– Almost back to back calls from 9 AM till around 8 PM. Few of the appointments were my own to-do items so I do not forget them and ensure I have time to do those. There were 1-2 breaks which was for me to stretch a bit or have my lunch.

Being an Agilist by heart, I was able to apply a lot of the Agile principles in my daily life. I could deliver all that was expected off me. I felt I was doing Ok with this kind of setup. I felt it as sustainable, so I kept on with the same assuming ‘all izz well’. But somewhere deep inside, I felt I am not doing justice to some of the tasks I was doing. And maybe I was not able to devote time for my family and friends.

Work was getting done but many times, things were missing, and I was facing the time crunch as things fell apart very fast when I was trying to do multiple things. Planning was there but there was a miss – a framework. Something that will play the thread that holds the beads together. And PAS played precisely that role.

I built my priority map and realized a lot of things which I was not even thinking about are actually things that I needed to do most. I was just ‘doing’ but I was not ‘prioritizing’ or ‘questioning’ it. It did help me take note of these and start applying them. While I can’t say I have achieved ‘nirvana’ yet, it has absolutely helped me improved my quality of life. My new wallpaper is my Priorities map which I update every week and ensure its always in front of my eyes, so I don’t let it be out of focus!!

ReplyQuote
Maria Matarelli
Member Admin
15/10/2020 11:08 pm  

Thank you so much for sharing your journey, Satyajit! It is great to hear how you were able to able to prioritize things that were really important that weren't on your radar. Love that you have your Priorities Map in sight so readily available!

ReplyQuote

Join this discussion

Please login below or create an account if you do not have one yet.

login nowregister now
Share:

Working

Please Login or Register